My own track...

Andrew Robinson andrew at bml.co.uk
Sat Mar 4 19:00:01 CET 2023

I like this one, you've absolutely nailed the synthwave toms, and you've
not done the 'ridiculously pumping compression' thing that ruins a lot of
synthwave for me. I do think there is an issues though. From about 1:35 to
2:00 there seems to be a timing issue between the bass and lead lines, Each
one seems fine on it's own, maybe they have different swings?

Aesthetically, the break in the middle feels a bit long, and a bit too
simple to me. Maybe layer the intro synth over this for more interest? I'd
also think about fading out maybe 10 seconds earlier (or how about a
tape-stop effect?) and maybe add some 80s synth-fx thing to bridge the gap
at 2:09? Might just be my personal taste though.

- Andy_R