Synths for sale ..

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Mon Oct 31 21:28:25 CET 2022

Op 31-10-2022 om 21:08 schreef Jay Vaughan:
>> Well, your asking prices here are on the top end, or above, what they sell for on Reverb – where you pay a 5% commission. I won't tell you how to price your gear, of course.
> I guesstimated based on EBay searches for the same gear, minus 100 bucks or so
>
> So, you think 10% lower for all .. ?

Put this this way: around a year ago, an FS1R would go for around €1500.
It looks to be €1800 now. Asking prices, that's quite another thing;
there's one for €2749 on Reverb right now. 😯

But if you take this listing:

https://reverb.com/item/49761709-yamaha-fs1r-fm-synthesizer-rack-tone-generator-top-zustand-1-5-jahre-garantie

My rule of thumb for this seller is to take 1/3rd of the price. And that
would put it around €1500.

But that would leave you out of pocket, I think.

>> Except for the MS-20, that seems a bit on the low side even.
> .. yeah its a little harder to price this one.  Its the original.

Asking prices on Reverb appear to start at €1500. Depends a bit on the
condition, whether it's a 110 volts unit, etc.

Anyway, it's all up to you of course. We're all your buddies and all
that, but you have other priorities and responsibilities.

I'm actually in a similar situation. I picked up a 110V Roland JD-990
for cheap, but I have little interest in the unit (haven't even had time
to hook it up). And I'd rather rip off some random person on the
internet than a member of the bar. 😃

- Peter