iCloud? (no news)

Michael Zacherl mubar05 at blauwurf.at
Tue Mar 29 05:23:32 CEST 2022

Hi All,
Wow thanks for your insights and comments!
Well, I’m not willing to put my private data on a remote computer which I have no control over!
Wether it’s thoroughly encrypted or not.

After many many years and SW releases it’s apparent that Apple forces me more and more in their ‘Ecosystem’.
This is nothing new of course, but still annoying. For the iPad, for instance, the computer certainly doesn’t fell like it was mine!
(not sure if I can say that for the M1 MBA I acquired either)

Also I’m still fighting with the concepts of iOS/iPadOS, which are just halfway between a “true" computer OS and something like a gaming console.
I can see the ideas behind that, but the “pro” concepts Apple tries to incorporate here are just half-hearted and certainly not done!

So, you’re saying you use nextcloud … how do mobile devices integrate to that?
Locally it’s some network share (e.g. Synology), no biggie, but remote?

Thanks, Michael (also an ol’fashioned local guy ;)