Yamaha AxK question

Jay Vaughan ibisum at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 14:50:23 CET 2022

> I'm getting hit with the encoder issues.  Part of why I bought a fader fox was to bypass the encoders on the front, but as I dive into manual hell... this doesn't appear feasible?  They appear able to send anything we want, but not have a solid CC address themselve

Its possible to control the encoders remotely - this is what software such as b.Zone does.

Its also quite common to replace the  encoders - if you have Facebook, join the Yamaha A-sampler group, there are plenty of folks in there with experience doing the  transplant.

There’s also a lot of references on the MIDI  Sysex/CC implementation,  as well as an archive with all the useful A-sampler tools - Disky, b.Zone, etc.

> A followup question if that's a no... are there any "template" programs out in the wild that you guys might remember that have midi control settings pretty much "baked in?"

There’s b.Zone, but I remember there also being a Logic template that allows you to control the knobs remotely as well.

> Since the manual seems to suggest that the MIDI CC implementation is entirely configurable by the user (with no presets) how do you manage this reasonably?  Just spend a day crafting a "god program" and then always load that one first, copy/paste or is there something more obvious that I'm missing?

I think that is referring more to the performance CC customisation you can do with the A-sampler, but its also true that the knobs just send MIDI messages too - but check the archives and/or use b.Zone to find out   what those are.   I forget.

j.
—
Jay Vaughan
ibisum at gmail.com