a decision had to be made

K9 Kai Niggemann canine at waf80.de
Sun Jan 2 23:45:32 CET 2022

Sent from my Phone

> On 19. Dec 2021, at 12:24, Peter Korsten <peter at severity-one.com> wrote:
>
> Having your wife with you makes things easier. One tip I'd like to give, from personal experience: find a good friend (or a friend of your wife's) that can help you figure things out. If you're not used to how things work in a different country, and you're on your own, it can be bewildering. I had the advantage that my wife (back then, girlfriend) is Maltese and knew all those things: social security numbers, insurance, possibly local legislation, etc.

This is absolutely true and a thing that’s too easily
Overlooked. There’s just so much you learn about the country you grew up in through “osmosis”, that it’s so hard to figure it all out when you don’t even know what you are googling for.

My sister learned this the hard way, she moved to the states when she was 19 for university, lived there for 20 years, then moved again, this time to Australia…;)

She is now becoming a coach to help new arrivals (whenever they will be allowed into OZ) get their bearings…