Amiga music-making

Jay Vaughan ibisum at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 22:37:45 CEST 2022

> Have you tried writing a Progressive Web App? It doesn't cover everything, but you can write remarkably powerful apps in React, Angular or Vue, that run and feel like a native app.
>
> Of course, you'll also need to write code in JavaScript or TypeScript. There is that.

Sure, its ‘easy’ to write these apps. If you’re lucky they’ll still run for a year or so. Its not fun maintaining them and stopping them from falling over when some script kiddy decides he doesn’t like your politics, though. "Packages are literally remote code exec vulns in the hands of package authors."

I don’t think Javascript is that future-proof.  Not nearly as much as C/C++ or Swift, anyway.  But since I avoid this stack like the plague, I’d love to know best-practices for a Javascript/npm-dependent app, especially for music apps.  I think the best practices is, don’t.

j.
—
Jay Vaughan
ibisum at gmail.com