Amiga music-making

Jay Vaughan ibisum at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 22:18:47 CEST 2022

> I would have to agree with Jay.  Just this last week, I decided that I'd like to try my hand at making a couple simple apps for my kids, and after much pulling of hair I don't have, I discovered that to write apps for iOS you really have to have a mac computer.  To get xcode running on windows is a major, major hassle.  This scenario is such a non-starter for me.

I’ve thought about it a bit and to be fair, CODEA has kept my ancient iPad relatively interesting, same with Swift Playgrounds - both of which can be used to do relatively simple programming without much fuss.  I’m sure it’ll be more interesting in a decade or so ...

> So given Apple's general attitude towards even running their OS in virtual environments, a true-blue retro community around early iPhone is almost guaranteed not to happen outside of folks emulating old apps on existing Apple devices.

I still keep hope that we’ll be able to run  Linux on these old obsolete machines soon enough ..

j.
—
Jay Vaughan
ibisum at gmail.com