Skip note by probability

Tony Scharf tony.scharf at outlook.com
Wed Nov 24 14:50:35 CET 2021

Ive been working more with probability in my sequencing, but was wondering if anyone new of a tool that could specifically do the following.   I would like to set a probability that a specific step would be skipped.   By this I mean that it would be as if the step did not exist at all in the sequence and it would be completely jumped over.  In this way, a 4 or 8 note sequence would every once in a while only be 3 or 7 resulting in a shift relative to the rhythm track or other things playing.

I can’t think of any sequencer that can do this programmatically, though there are ones you can do it manually.   Anyone know of anything?

Tony