New gear

Jay Vaughan ibisum at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 21:30:25 CEST 2021

> * Waldorf Microwave II (not the XT; too big and too overpriced)
> * Waldorf Micro Q rack
> * Jomox AirBase 99 (no space for a desktop unit and I have the EMX-1
>   already)
> * Roland Integra-7 at some point
> * Whatever else is interesting and doesn't require me to engage in
>   criminal activity in order to be able to afford it; the FS1R comes
>   to mind as something severely overpriced

Zynthian:

https://zynthian.org

Has a ton of great synths, doesn’t require you to engage in any criminal activity.  Latest update is amazing and rich and delightful .. I challenge you to  dig into it.  Definitely an under-sold product, and terribly misunderstood: its a complete open synth platform, with literally hundreds of synths, and their presets, to investigate.

I got the original device which works wonderfully once you assemble it, and I also installed ZynthianOS on this:

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/network-audio-players-rasptouch/rasptouch-i-sabre-es9038q2m-streamer-with-touchscreen-32bit-384khz-dsd128-p-12181.html <https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/network-audio-players-rasptouch/rasptouch-i-sabre-es9038q2m-streamer-with-touchscreen-32bit-384khz-dsd128-p-12181.html>

.. which supports Zynthian and is, really, just a wonderful digital synth engine to have at hand.  Fits smartly on the desk, too...

> * Some MOTU audio interface, because the 01V is just too big

I’m really close to pulling the trigger on the Zoom LiveTrack L12, its so tempting to switch off Behringer for this little mini-rig ..

j.