please talk me out of buying a ...

tom adam tom.adam at thebigear.be
Sun Feb 7 20:03:09 CET 2021

tape delay...

I just fixed an RE-501 and the owner just send me a mail that I can buy
it for a fair price. But a fair price is still, well impressive.
But the sound, the joy and the coolness of this thing is, well impressive!

So, it's not that I can't afford it, but it's like buying that Plymouth
of 1958, I will spend more time fixing it than driving it and I actually
don't have the time (and the skills) to fix a car... Unfortunately I do
have the skills to fix a tape delay so the comparison doesn't fly... but
you get the point I actually don't need a tape delay, but I so want one ;-)

Anyone knows how the emulations compare to the originals? The seller
switches over to a Strymon Volante and he claims they sound the same.

Cheers,

ToAd