Rpi distro update

Jay Vaughan ibisum at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 16:40:56 CET 2021

> On 06.02.2021, at 16:36, Marek Szulen <mszulen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> But this is Raspbian only "issue", right?

I think its in the official raspberry pi foundation releases.  Didn’t see it in a recent raspbian build ..

> Ubuntu should be safe.

Yeah, see also Arch.

> Anyway, there's a way of disabling it if you don't want to use the features depending on it (Pythin, VS, Scratch etc).

It is appropriate to see the raspberry pi as an out of the box unix workstation that needs to be de-serviced/provisioned/commissioned/configured before it should be put in something .. or not .. also kind of fun to use the lighting system/garage door opener as a temporary docker host, lol ..

j.