New gear

Joost Schuttelaar joost at joostschuttelaar.nl
Wed Aug 18 23:34:18 CEST 2021

On 18 Aug 2021, at 22:00, Peter Korsten <peter at severity-one.com> wrote:

> Check the asking prices for the AN board on Ebay and Reverb. €275 is a very sweet deal for both. I've been sort-of contemplating a CS6r with two AN boards, because I can't put the AN1x anywhere, but prices are silly.

I find the AN board a bit underwhelming, to be honest. The UI on the CS6x to edit the AN patches is the most insane menu hell ever. So you’re kind of stuck with loading sounds from other sources.

The same actually goes for the CS6x performance mode (where you layer multiple voices). What where they thinking… it’s worse than the EX5. Edit, hold down shift, turn knob 2, release shift, then turn knob 3 to change a parameter, staring at a tiny screen with cryptic names… arrgghhh…

Good thing there are some great soundsets for it, I presume made using an editor which requires Windows XP or MacOS 9 or something ;)

Cheers,

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL