Software Security

Andrew Robinson andrew at bml.co.uk
Tue Aug 17 20:32:10 CEST 2021

I have no metrics to back this up, but my hunch is that if you use whatever
time and money you were going to put into copy protection on demonstrating
that you're a nice person/people and you're trying to make a living out of
delivering the best product you can instead, then your revenue will go up.
Sean Costello at Valhalla and Fredrik Lidström at SonicCharge are great
examples of this approach succeeding - a good mix of paid and free content,
flat rate pricing, social media interaction and a minimal protection system
that just puts your name on the plug-ins.

- Andy_R