Software Security

Joost Schuttelaar joost at joostschuttelaar.nl
Tue Aug 17 17:14:12 CEST 2021

On 17 Aug 2021, at 16:07, Matt Picone <matt at mysticworks.com> wrote:

> Does anyone here have skills or know anyone who is strong in the area of development around audio software anti piracy?

No expertise, but a very interesting topic!

Aren’t most copy protection schemes quite trivial to break these days, when Mac’s for instance enforce memory as non-executable, and have features like address space randomization on by default? I remember that things like iLok basically do tons of self inspections to see if code was modified, right?

I think the best copy protection schemes are: user loyalty, some quite useful cloud features and frequent updates (just make it hard to stay up to date…)

Cheers,

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL