Behringer 2600

Jay Vaughan ibisum at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 10:29:45 CET 2020

> On 25.10.2020, at 23:58, James Coplin <james at ticalun.net> wrote:
> The Model D is amazing. I own and love my Minimoog. Had it forever and I think its one of the best sounding ones I've played. The Model D nails it in my opinion and I love that I can recommend it to young players who can get for less than $300 new shipped.

+1 on this last part.  Seeing kids get their chops refined on older architectures is very, very exciting.  Whereas once it was only the yawn-worthy middle-class prog-rock players who could afford these engines, now we’ve got kids who are pushing their musicianship forward in exciting ways on great-sounding

> I do think it needs to be asked why we expect everything synth related to be "new?" The piano hasn't changed in ages, neither has the violin, guitar, etc. The fact is, there is only so much you can do with sound and we have reached a point where these are mature disciplines.

For about 1K, one can get 3 great, classic synth architectures in the studio, and use them in strange and unique ways.

Neutron->ModelD->Cat routings?  Fuck yeah!  Never would have thought that so easily accessible, but now its rapidly becoming a norm to mix these engines up in performant ways.

j.