Behringer 2600

Jay Vaughan ibisum at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 10:25:58 CET 2020

> This one has me conflicted.  I would love to have a 2600, but I’ve got a personal opposition to these straight up carbon copies.
> $599?  Very conflicted.

Copying is flattery.  If these machines weren’t awesome, they wouldn’t be worth copying.

It’ll be right to complain about Behringer copying things when they get to the Timbre Wolf.

Until then, they’re doing a huge service by breaking down the classist/snobby/elite barriers that kept these synthesiser architectures out of the hands of the kids.

Just my opinion of course.. but I’ve seen some kids in my local scene go from broke-ass plugin users to having a very, very decent hardware setup overnight, and its thanks to Uli.  This has shaken things up in an industry that really, really fucking needed it.

j.