Weird Ableton Problem

Tony Scharf tony.scharf at outlook.com
Fri May 1 00:45:29 CEST 2020

Ok…this should spark some nostalgia…

So I got a Korg Kronos 2 this last week, and so far its all good.   What’s not good is I can’t get Ableton to accept MIDI notes from it to route them to another device or software.

Want to know what makes this weirder?   It transmits the pitch bend data just fine!

Example:  Plug Kronos into live….live routs MIDI to the blofeld…if I hold notes on the blofeld while playing the pitch stick on the kronos, the blofeld receives them.  If I play notes on the Kronos though, nothing gets forwarded to the device!

It’s really, really strange.   I usually only use Live when I’m working with my software synths, and this is the first time in a while I wanted anything but my KeyLab controller running things.   It’s just very, very weird.

I have a *suspicion* the MOTU MTP/AV interface may be the problem….but everything looks good in the clockworks software.

any ideas?

Tony