Hydra synth: first impressions

Jay Vaughan ibisum at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 07:53:01 CEST 2020

> Im very interested in the Hydrasynth…but I’m space limited at the moment.  If that came in, something else would have to go out and I just don’t have anything at the moment I’m willing to let go of (though I could probably put a couple things in cases and store them instead).  My feeling when I played the Hydrasynth at Knobcon was that it was awesome, but I was going to wait till the software got some of the kinks out (at that point, i managed ti crash it twice during a 20 minute demo…it was only just shipping at that point).
> Tony

Yeah, I have to say that I have actually cashed the Hydrasynth a couple of times since we got it, with what I think are UI bugs - but I think these software kinks are getting worked out. ASM seem to be willing to put out firmware updates on the regular - and I have to wonder how well that is going to work out over the next 3 months or so.  Seems like pretty much all of the DSP synths go through this situation .. I remember when Virus updates were almost a weekly thing.

j.