Starter Studio Setup for around 1000 USD/EUR?

deeplfo deeplfo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 20:08:59 CET 2020

 Budgets notwithstanding, I'd go:
- Komplete Kontrol 49 or 61 for keys- Komplete 11 for synths and efx- Maschine for drums- Focal 6s for monitors
All NI :-)
mohsen
    On Saturday, January 11, 2020, 09:30:24 PM PST, James R. Coplin <james at ticalun.net> wrote:

 So, a long time family friend's son is in high school now and starting
to want to put together a setup for recording. He has a bass guitar and
the DAW sorted but is looking to stretch out with synth, drum machine
etc. I had a hard time making concrete recommendations beyond a couple
because I have reached a point where budget and versatility
considerations do not really inform my studio any longer. His need is
obviously for maximal efficiency and utility for a limited budget. So,
if you had around thousand us dollars or euros, what would your most
bang for the buck studio setup be? The setup must include a midi
controller or synth that could function as one, powered monitors, and a
drum machine of some sort. Plugins are an option as is physical hardware
and he doesn't seem to have a preference one way or another. He views
this setup as being for recording at home and not for playing out. Thoughts?

James

Listen to Music-Bar Radio! <http://www.music-bar.org/radio.html>