Behringer synth craziness

Joost Schuttelaar joost at joostschuttelaar.nl
Mon Jan 28 00:51:42 CET 2019

> On 28 Jan 2019, at 00:35, Tony Scharf <tony.scharf at outlook.com> wrote:
>
> Actually, I find it all kind of sad.  All these reissues display a lack of imagination on the part of the manufacturer and the market.  Have synthesizers really become as dull as guitars, and all we have to look forward to in the future are endless reissues and signature editions?
>
> I don’t know...maybe I’m just getting old.

I think these are some very welcome re-issues. Make classic synths (instruments) more accessible to a larger audience. Also, the Neutron is certainly not a boring synth...

...on the other hand, the Neutron also is just ‘another analog synth’. With some interesting design choices in interface/modulation.

Sonically, a Korg Z1, Yamaha FS1r or even an Ensoniq Fizmo goes way beyond what you can get out of a Neutron or anything analogue. Or what about a Yamaha VL7 / Kawai K5000s. Or the digital sample/VA weirdness of a Quasimidi Sirus?

I still have a dream about the ultimate monster performance VA, although the Prologue tickles the same senses :)

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL