The Annual Cover

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Fri Sep 1 20:18:52 CEST 2017

Op 31-8-2017 om 15:57 schreef Kim Johnsson:
> You can always blame my cover as being so far from the original that
> you couldn’t possibly recognize it…

Nah, it's actually quite recognisable, although I clicked on the
Ultravox link first. The things that are most obviously different (apart
from the lyrics) are the chipmunk voices, and that you're singing one
octave too low. ;-)

After hearing this, and having had the pleasure of scraping the
veikkausliiga.fi web site, I don't think that Finnish isn't going to
rank high on my list of favourite languages. Nothing personal. :-) But I
can't use my pattern recognition abilities to understand the language,
which helped me with the other Nordic web sites. And the Spanish,
Portuguese and Italian ones.

Gert, knowing the subject of Kim's previous covers, and the fact that
he's talking about a project or projects (I figured out that, in
Finnish, you put a T after a word to create a plural, more or less, but
I have no clue how this would work with a word that ends in T to begin
with), this is about Kim's job, and all the pleasantries pertaining to
projects, deadlines and customers. I think he plays it during the
Christmas party, after which there is much rejoicing, and everybody
presumably gets blind drunk.

As usual, it's very well produced, and sufficiently weird. Kudos to you,
Kim, for delivering another masterpiece. But it sure would help if (a)
we understood Finnish and (b) we knew what was going on at your job. :-)

- Peter