new roland on 909 day

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Sun Sep 4 22:05:50 CEST 2016

Op 4-9-2016 om 21:48 schreef Gert van Santen:

> When I would be such a big fan of railways as you are, I probably
> would be super hunongously enthusiastic now. Now I'm just happy for
> you :-)

The thing is, they don't cost much effort. I just collect them and, at
some point, I'll build a 5 metre/16.5 feet display case and hang them on
the wall. (And yes, I need that length.) The synths do cost more effort
than I'm able to exert at the moment.

You can go pretty crazy with these things, though. My idea is to build a
train that runs from New York City to Florida, and only because I bought
a $100 locomotive from Ebay a few years ago, because I thought it looked
nice. Some of the railcars that go in this train are only available
second-hand as brass models, and the last time I checked they went for
like $450 a piece on Ebay, if you find them at all. Those bloody trains
would have bought me quite a respectable amount of synths.

I guess I'm suffering from TAS. :)

- Peter