Microsoft Surface Studio PC

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 23:24:23 CEST 2016

On Oct 28, 2016, at 3:40 PM, Joost Schuttelaar <joost at joostschuttelaar.nl> wrote:

>> On 28 Oct 2016, at 16:35, Andrew Tarpinian <andrewtarpinian at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Prob doesn't matter to you but the 16gig ram max is a deal breaker for me. Wtf were they thinking?
>
> Hmmm, no, 8GB has been plenty in my old MBP… especially now I’ve got a dedicated VM server at the office for running tons of Virtual Boxes. But I guess that for video editing you want as much as possible. Right?

Not as much for video editing but AfterEffects yes. Like what Jay mentioned having an ssd helps, like I typically have 96gig set as cache in AE - but adobe apps use the shit out of ram, (especially when they are all open at the same time) and typically I'm using all of it, and I'm sure more would equal better. I believe the cylinder Mac pros at one place I work have 32, and I would still want more. Give me all the ram.

Phil said they didn't do it because having a system that could use 32gig would make battery life worse. See kids, look what happens when you confuse your consumer and pro lines of products. Ok Phil then where the hell is the updated version of that amazing new computer from 2 years ago?