only 3 hours work,,,

tom adam tom.adam at thebigear.be
Sun Nov 6 16:01:03 CET 2016

Somehow lately we were listening to music more than making it...
We listened to our old times favorites: The Klinik, Dive, Suicide
Commando...

So on Friday with a limited crew following 'piece' emerged out of
'brains'! Lyrics (if you can call it that) where found on an old napkin
in the Art Of Decay (RIP) archive.

http://thebigear.be/onewebmedia/Nature%20-%20Terminal%20Wedgies.wav

An old JD-800 was used (it's really outdated, but for outdated music,
it's perfect)
Drums from a 909 and some modular drum patches.
Other noises from Beelzebufo
Voice through a distortion pedal into an old mixer, effect send to an
ibanez ad202,

Although is was multi-tracked, only a few minor adjustments (fade in
/fade out/ EFX on drums) were done, so almost a one-take-recording.

Making this track was a trip through memory lane for us (the prior PJ
era) and it was very much fun. Trying to keep everyone in sync and
aiming for the same goal is something we struggle with during our jam
sessions. But not with this track, it was as if we didn't stop making
this kind of music 18 years ago.
We might even consider making an album with this stuff.  That should
take us another 10 sessions to get an 11 track album ;-)

Any feedback appreciated.

ToAd