Moog Model D

moron moron at industrial.org
Wed May 25 21:14:29 CEST 2016

On Wed, 2016-05-25 at 14:13 -0400, Andrew Tarpinian wrote:
> I had my friend (who actually got me into making music but doesn't
> make stuff anymore) try the model 15 after he was playing with the
> minilogue, jdxi etc... His reaction was "how come this sounds so big
> and those sound so small?..." :)

Simple.  The Moogs natively squash the crap out of everything.  Put the
Minilogue through a DBX 266xl with compression set to max and a low
threshold and you will get a similar sound.

It's a very nice sound and easy to achieve, not sure why more of the
analog manufacturers don't throw a compressor on their outputs.  Doing
that instantly makes the Minilogue a 100 times more fat sounding.

Cheers

--
http://industrial.org
http://deterrent.net