Radiohead: A Moon Shaped Pool

Jay Vaughan (ibisum) ibisum at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 11:06:38 CEST 2016

>  I think Yorke's style is one you either like or don't like.

See, to me, I just don’t like it.  And the reason is, I associate his aesthetic with whiny, over-privileged, spoiled-rotten decadence.  What is being passed off and slickly marketed as intellectual-emotionalism is really just an excuse to whine and have a cry.  The cadence comes off as disdain for all the wrongs the world has done to him, and from my point of view, this is just .. really grating.

Are there tracks where this aesthetic doesn’t shine through?  I’m yet to find them.  Nothing turns me off more than a grown man crying into his milk.

;
--
Jay Vaughan
ibisum at gmail.com