Radiohead: A Moon Shaped Pool

deeplfo deeplfo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 21:14:23 CEST 2016

I find the sound of Kid A, OK Computer, this new one, and a few tracks on the other albums to be very atmospheric, dark, musically inventive, and super engaging.  The use of the live strings (at least it sounds like it :-) ) beautifully molded.  I think Yorke's style is one you either like or don't like.  But it's the whole sound, and in the new one with Yorke's almost-reserved, minimalist approach, that makes for a very active listening :-).  There are moments of their sound that to me is like watching a Wim Wenders film, a little dark, a little dreamy....
mohsen