New Midi keyboard

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 02:31:07 CEST 2016

From what I've seen NI is becoming a bit of a standard in a lot of studios - you get nks support for NI and Arturia plugs out of the box, others as well, uhe I think, I have not tried yet. I think it can host any 3rd party plugs without nks now as well. The arp and chord features are really handy for getting ideas - in fact I love them just for learning new chord combinations, I make note of the keys from the lights, then turn off the feature and play things in manually.

When I played with the new (amazing) update to the Arturia plugs and the KK, it made me think about selling a lot of hardware.

I don't love the actual keys though, it's a perfectly usable, good keyboard but I found on the ends they can be a little noisy/creaky, I had two 49 key units like this - I think it's just the 49 that has this issue.