whatever...

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Sun Jan 24 23:15:28 CET 2016

Op 23-1-2016 om 12:42 schreef Jay Vaughan (ibisum):

> Seems like 2015 was a hard year for us all, so I’m glad to see we’re at least still sticking it out together on the -bar somehow ..

2015 for me was a year of change, and things turning finally taking a
turn for the better after the frankly disastrous 2014. I realise that
not everybody was so fortunate; as totally random examples, and not to
diminish anything happening elsewhere in the world, the people that
happened to be in the wrong place (Paris) at the wrong time (January and
November).

In the end, though, a year is a way for us people to try and put some
order in the perpetual chaos that is life, and to some extent, to
provide an excuse to have a party. Whether on the 6th, or any other day
of the month, shit happens, and sometimes all shit happens at the same time.

I'm quite sure that 2016 has its fair share of shit for me in stock. My
parents and particularly my in-laws are getting to a venerable age, and
it may be over soon. And then there's the perpetual sword of Damocles
hanging over my head, that will force me into an eye operation that
everybody, most of all I, is trying to avoid.

Which is why I take every day as it comes, and try to be philosophical
about things, and try to strive for gradually improving things.

And when the final curtain falls before my eyes, remember that you guys
were my friends.

- Peter