Re: Timewind (Re: Juiced Jam 2016 — 10-years celebration!)

Gert van Santen g.vansanten at upcmail.nl
Tue Feb 23 01:14:25 CET 2016

Hi Tony,

> Hi Gert,
> not sure exactly what you did (some
> dynamics on the low end?) but the stick is really clear, and there
> is an overall increase in clarity, so I was able to listen to the
> piece with fresh ears.

A/B original and mastered version with headphones. Big difference :-)

> you learn the vocabulary, and forget how extreme it is.

To be honest, I listened the complete gig twice today. I'm
already getting used to it :-)

> Later I purchased timewind.net off a
> mysterious
> gentleman with an address in Berlin (was all I was told) - so it
> could
> have been the man himself.

Could be. Just checked it. Just 1 page with a great pic. What are
you planning to do with it?

BTW, somewhere in the 90's I won a competition for German synth
magazine Keyboards. As a reward I could go to Klaus Schulze's
studio in Germany for 3 days and remix the track. That was very
cool. Very nice and relaxed guy :-)

> Timewind is a great piece, uniting the abstract, classical and
> electronic
> forms all in one go; incredible achievement.

One of my favourite electronic albums.

> So, my studies continue. And thanks once again for bringing that
> instrument along to Joost's party!

That was such a cool party!

I'm not sure if I can make this one. Just that specific Saturday
there's a big birthday party of a friend and his wife, and they
want one of our old bands to play a gig, so there's going to be
rehearsals and the gig itself.

Well, let's see what happens.

Cheers!

--