MagicShifter 3000: Now available (MIDIShifter variant, on the horizon) ..

Jay Vaughan (ibisum) ibisum at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 09:24:00 CET 2016

> Looking forward to seeing where the Midi stuff goes…

Working on it daily .. I’m having a massive blast already!  :)  But there are still fine (non-MIDI) details to take care of .. and of course I really want to put this out for our -bar RPM challenge .. so I’m working hard on it.

You guys with shifters already - we should chat about the MIDI cable situation.  We do currently have an official design that makes the whole thing a snap-on experience with a standard MagicShifter3000, so the cable is integrated with the case but .. you may not want to wait until we get the first PCB’s made, i.e. you can hack your own cable to get MIDI in the mean-time. The breakouts for hacking this are in place and it works .. you can make the cable .. but when the official MIDI snap-on’s arrive in the next few weeks (realistically end of March), I hope the -bar shifter crew will have already been testing things for us on custom MIDI rigs, heh .. anyway, I will help with that.  Could also do a batch of prototype cables for the small group of us if needed too. Also, its possible to use other MIDI shields directly with the MS3000.

Anyway .. Firmware-wise, we dropped 1.0 on our little user base last night, and as a team we have weekly pushes to the public sources planned.  There will be MIDI features in the next release .. I want to have Arp- and Seq- and Play- modes enabled.  So, stay tuned ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan
ibisum at gmail.com