El Capitan

Jammer jammer at jammer.biz
Thu Oct 15 16:29:03 CEST 2015

On 15/10/2015 15:17, Tony Scharf wrote:
> Since I mainly only use cross platform software in my studio, and
> because I'd wanted to for years, I switched to an iMac in the studio.
>  Its been a pleasure so far, but I havent' made the mistake of
> upgrading to El Capitan (mainly because I've seen enough people who do
> that get burned).  My MOTU should work fine with EL Capitan, but
> better safe than sorry at this point.  Why upgrade if you don't have to?

Sounds painful.  The main reason I upgraded to Win 10 was driven by my
mobile development and the various dev profiles required by the tech I
use not being supported on Win7.

> >>I think one problem with the Windows world is that it relies on so
> many other companies and their software.
>
> You're wrong in exactly the opposite way.  I don't think there is
> enough real competition at the top.  It's become perfectly acceptable
> for all of these companies to put out crap after crap and force their
> users into certain technologies (i.e. cloud) because they have simply
> no alternative.

I meant the drivers.  The Surface issue you had for instance was NVidia
not getting their driver completed before release day if I'm not
mistaken.  But it's hard for the majority of people to see the dividing
line between Microsoft and hardware manufacturers.

--
*Jammer*
WWW.JAMMER.BIZ <http://www.jammer.biz>