Well this is interesting ...

Tony Scharf tony.scharf at outlook.com
Thu Oct 15 16:22:46 CEST 2015

>>Like you say, If they can/could do that ~1500 years ago they most likely know about us and, lets face it, could probably get here as well.
Well, they man know a planet exists in the habitable zone and be able to see that it has life (oxygen atmosphere is a dead giveaway).  They wouldn't know if it was technologically based.  That they will find out in a little less than 1500 years time since we only started putting out enough radio signal about 50 years ago.  Give them a little time to respond, and I'd say we'd see them knocking on our door in ~4500 years.  We we have some time to get our shit together I'd say.
The question is, of course, if they did come here...what would their purpose be.  Lets just hope it would be a benign curiosity.
Tony