Well this is interesting ...

Jammer jammer at jammer.biz
Thu Oct 15 16:14:44 CEST 2015

On 15/10/2015 14:51, Tony Scharf wrote:
> ..and somewhat terrifying.  If it *is* an alien technology and not
> some natural phenomenon, it would belong to a species that was that
> advanced ~1500 years ago.   If we can detect them, it's all but
> certain they could, and probably have, detected us...
>
> Tony

Indeed, seems that everyone that has looked at it has marked it as at
least worth spending more time looking at.  I think the quote from
Arthur C Clark chimes well here:

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are
not. Both are equally terrifying.”

Also kinda fits in with what Michio Kaku and others have been saying.
The types of civilisations potentially out there based on their energy
production/consumption.  This potentially fits in with the REALLY
advanced type III civilisations that are capable of directly harnessing
entire stars as energy sources.

Like you say, If they can/could do that ~1500 years ago they most likely
know about us and, lets face it, could probably get here as well.

Utterly Terrifying®