El Capitan

diode diodeladder at free.fr
Tue Oct 13 14:16:27 CEST 2015

Le 13 oct. 2015 à 10:05, Jay Vaughan (ibisum) a écrit :

> Generally the system feels snappier and more responsive - but I’m really, really bummed at the design direction things are taking now that Steve is gone.  So many loose bugs and untied knots.  The new Disk Utility look and feel, for example, is terrible .. changes to the file-open dialog box drive me insane on a regular basis, and I have to drill-down to find things that were once obvious.  Its just such a clusterfuck really, without Steve around to sort it out.  At this point, OSX is regressing imho.

That's why I'm keeping to 10.6.8 on my old timer MB, enven if it can go one OSX higher. I-DON-T-LIKE the directions they take: end of the save as directly accessible, the applestore mandatory.

Now I will inherit a MBP sometimes soon and it'll be infected with the bad user experience ideas post Jobs. Jobs was a sucker in many aspects (and I'm an Apple aficionado for a very long time, you weren't even born ;), but at least he knew what he was doing in this regard. Even If I think we wouldn't have avoid the mandatory applestore with him anyway.

Now if I repair my nux box… Grub is again out into the blue…

diode
diodeladder at free.fr