Abelton's Making Music

deeplfo deeplfo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 02:03:05 CEST 2015

So, I just got my hard copy and I found this book an incredibly good
read.   I think the material in the book is spot on, and though they may
have been written here or there in parts of other books or published
material, but this collection is just what that scattered material needed.

https://makingmusic.ableton.com/

Those of you software guys who know of "patterns" will appreciate the
approach this book takes, which is exactly that, i.e. identify a problem,
identify patterns of solutions, and discuss end with additional
observations.

The pattern/solution is divided into three sections, problems of beginning,
problems of progressingh, and problems of finishing.  This leads to the
fact that the book can sit in your studio and treated as a cook book of
inspiration.  Very handy.

My biggest take away from the material I've look at so far is the clear
separation between the idea-generation part and all the other parts (i.e.
tweaking, mixing, etc.).

Mohsen