Core i5 or Core i7

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Thu Jun 11 20:51:06 CEST 2015

deeplfo schreef op 11-6-2015 om 20:37:

> You definitely want to go with i7, just has that much more horse power.

Fair enough.

> Also, are you locked into the PC platform?  If not, do what I did,
> when time came for an upgrade I went all out on the MacPro, and I have
> to say it's the *best* computing buys that I have ever made.  So glad
> I made the jump.  (My PCs now are just for work and to run things like
> Visual Studio, etc.).

Locked? In a sense. I like to upgrade my PC bit by bit, and with a very
nice case (Fractal Design Define R2), a high quality 1kW modular power
supply, and some more assorted peripherals, I see no reason to spend
extra for something that I don't need. Also, it allows me to chose
exactly those components that I want.

- Peter