audio monitor stands for a sit/stand desk?

K9 Kai Niggemann kai at kainiggemann.com
Thu Jul 16 12:22:48 CEST 2015

In my studio I have three different sets of monitors.

1. Tannoy Ellipse 8" on floor stands (the triangular ones, available at thomann.de,
2. K+H O96, haning from the ceiling on chains
3. KRK V4 attached to the desk (they have a large screw on the back for this purpose on the back) with angular metal pieces.

The desk is 80 cm deep, with a 60 cm gap behind the desk and the wall where I put he speakers and the monitor stand.

The Tannoys are on ear level when I sit, the K+H are angled toward me from above, the KRK from below.

The K+H are not ideal in this position, they should be closer and straight, I think. They are extremely good near fields with a great stereo image and depth, but the way they are hanging there does not do them justice.

All in all I'm pretty happy with my setup, I've had the KRK for almost 15 years now (ok, maybe ten?) as well as the Tannoys, and I should say I know them quite well, makes me feel right at home. Getting the K+H was a bit of an impulse buy after I heard them in a friend's studio. His were calibrated, mine not so well -- so that part I need to improve at one point...