Hot damn NAMM

ibi sum ibisum at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 21:49:42 CET 2015

> Of course I was going to say that Jay will like these, and probably should have come out with them himself 10 years ago ;)

You know, there have been so many times over the years of the music-bar that we could’ve done something bigger and I wish we had - but those days aren’t over!

I actually have a music product on my workbench right now that I think could be *really* hot!  The hardware is done, the software is in progress, and it could really be an amazing thing: the MIDIShifter!  Shall I tell you more?  ;)

Its a MagicShifter, with MIDI.  Its a sequencer/arpeggiator/MIDI plaything, along the lines of the MIDIPal, but a little - well a lot! - sexier.  The interface is a single row of LED’s (See the MagicShifter demos), and the way it works is this: you plug it into the MIDI IN/OUT ports of your synthesizer, and you’ve got yourself a live sequencing platform - multitimbral (channels), live sequencer (no record/play paradigm, as I’ve always said is a goal) - and interactive feedback by way of an onboard light show that doubles as: a light show!   You control it using the keyboard of your synth, and I have some unique ideas about how that would work exactly that .. so I’ll prepare another demo video of the latest features - in case you didn’t see the arpeggiator demo of it yet:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4Oyz_9xdHU  Did I already pimp this to the -bar?  If not, sorry, I should have done that .. because you guys are the ones for whom I’d ultimately love to be doing things like this.

Anyway, I’m pretty sure I could push things a little further with this product - and shop it around.  Who knows, maybe Teenage Engineering might be interested .. its certainly giving me a lot of fun!  :)

;
--
Jay Vaughan
ibisum at gmail.com