Sampling with the iPhone with or without external mic

K9 Kai Niggemann kai at kainiggemann.com
Fri Aug 28 23:06:43 CEST 2015

Well, the iPhone is ambivalent I think. It has a great microphone but often it wouldn't have been my mic of choice if Ihad had one, but it was the only one available -- so the best mic. It also doesn't have a good wind protection. I use it mainly with iTalk.

beware: it is mono only -- so that's a reason to think of another mic. but as soon as you have something external, you have a piece of gear to forget.

I often bring my zoom H2n in a hip bag, to always have it. It's also not my favorite recorder, but the best one available at the shop when I broke my H4n...

hope this helps..