Sampling with the iPhone with or without external mic

Kim Johnsson johnssonkim at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 09:54:39 CEST 2015

Hi guys!

For the past eight years or so I’ve been sampling stuff with a portable Zoom recorder, which in itself is quite nice, but it’s not like it’s always with me. I’m probably selling it and shifting the sampling responsibilities to my iPhone. Have you guys been sampling stuff using the iPhone, and if so, do you feel it needs an additional microphone, or is the built-in one sufficient? I’ve mainly sampled stuff that I can use as percussive sounds, but also some occasional ambient sounds.

Cheers,

Kim