bridge over usb connection

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 17:43:34 CEST 2015

> On Aug 8, 2015, at 3:12 AM, Mikael Hansson <forums at deadmengods.com> wrote:
>>> On 8 aug 2015, at 08:53, ibi sum <ibisum at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> It begins: http://eu.elektron.se
>>
>> Great.  But, what is it?  I ain’t got time for no slick video ..
>
> The video is for Elektron turning the Analog Four/Rytm into “TI’s”. Multichannel audio over USB back and forth, VST/AU editor etc..
>
> But I think Andy was referring to the USB hub below. The Overbridge connections runs at USB2 12Mbit speed (apparently a faster speed was introducing too much noise into the analog circuits) and a MTT hub is crucial to use several devices together without bandwidth problems.
>
> /Micke

That one's not out yet, I tried my Anker 13 (or so) port one with MTT and only got 8 channels or so max between Rytm and AK. My OWC Thunderbolt 2 Dock gives me max channels, Rytm 8, AK 6.

It's running pretty sweet and sounds great. The vst control is cooler than I thought. I thought it would take away from the vibe introducing the computer but it has only helped, for ease of recording.

Though it's times like these that makes me hate bussed effects on synths. Actually no always hate them.