Thoughts on NI Komplete 10 combined with the Komplete Kontrol S Keyboard?

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 19:18:54 CEST 2014

If you are able to add Komplete to your set up, do it no question. I'm not sold yet on the Kontroler though. It has some cool features but it seems very preset focused, and I never use presets. If the ability to customize parameters has a fast workflow I might consider the small one. Pretty expensive though. Also I don't like that to work with non NI plugins it looks like you have to go into midi mode and then lose some of the features, that seems like a nightmare in a production session. Here is a good write up on it. Also I read on the forums it's 64-bit DAW only.

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2014/09/exclusive-hands-komplete-kontrol-s25-keyboard-pictures/

Now it doesn't have keys but I have found Push to be very fluid to work with. By using the instrument rack it's really fast to get what parameters you want mapped to the knobs.