Tricorder?

K9 Kai Niggemann kai at kainiggemann.com
Tue May 6 01:16:19 CEST 2014

This seems too futuristic and too tricorder to be true:

<https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/903107259/scio-your-sixth-sense-a-pocket-molecular-sensor-fo>

but I am very intrigued...! And I might like to have a v2.0...

"Out of the box, when you get your SCiO, you’ll be able to analyze food, plants, and medications.
For example, you can:

Get nutritional facts about different kinds of food: salad dressings, sauces, fruits, cheeses, and much more.
See how ripe an Avocado is, through the peel!
Find out the quality of your cooking oil.
Know the well being of your plants.
Analyze soil or hydroponic solutions.
Authenticate medications or supplements.
Upload and tag the spectrum of any material on Earth to our database. Even yourself !
"