Thinking of going: Bitcoin 2014

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Fri Mar 7 20:49:16 CET 2014

Jay Vaughan schreef op 5-3-2014 00:11:

> Bitcoin isn't an investment instrument Peter - it's a currency. Investing in it is just one thing you may do with it but there is a lot more besides.

Everything can be an investment instrument, including currency. Right
now, Bitcoin is much more of an investment instrument than anything else.

> As a form of exchange between two agreeable s it works pretty well. Fluctuation is the risk - but that's a good thing too. Pay to play.

It's a currency that, if stolen, can't be claimed back. There's no
deposit insurance either. It may have certain advantages (which are
especially appealing for criminal activities), but also many
disadvantages and risks.

To me, it smacks too much of "it's not controlled by the government so
it must be good".

- Peter