Korg35 Experts

Tony Hardie-Bick tony at entity.net
Thu Jul 24 18:33:00 CEST 2014

On 24/07/14 14:10, foRUMS 4 punkdISCO wrote:
> I know we have a few in here…
>
> My Korg Sigma has 12(!) Korg 35 filters inside.  Im having a little play
> around and was wondering, which of the 8 pins on a Korg35 IC is the
> resonance CV?

resonance is obtained by feeding a signal from the output of the Korg35 back
to one of its inputs. it's adjusted by a pot in this feedback loop. the
feedback
loops in the circuits of the sigma are all either fixed or missing, so
you would
have to insert a vca stage into each of the filters that you wish to have
resonance cv

> Looking at, say, page six from here:
>
> http://www.synfo.nl/servicemanuals/Korg/KP-30_SERVICE_MANUAL.pdf

ah man, that's awesome... :)

> Ultimately, Im considering add a CV input to control resonances on all
> 12 filters as there is no res control on the front panel..

the reason there's no res control is that the additional circuitry would
have made the instrument considerably more complex

as it is, i consider the schematic to be the equal of any of picasso's work

although not quite up there with gerhard richter.

t.