Sequencer Idea

Tony Scharf entropymagnet at noisetheorem.com
Thu Jan 9 02:04:51 CET 2014

> What if you don’t need a “RECORD” button because your sequencer is just recording everything.  Because it can.  For the last hour. And if there is a bit you’d like to repeat - just find it, then repeat.

Ensoniq did this on their MR series of workstations, some of the last (and most dull) they had ever made.  I had use of one for a while and it was *really* nice.
Also, the Roland Fantom X series had this, but it was via audio. Basically, any audio the instrument played was recorded in a FIFO buffer that was about 5 minutes long.    I used it a couple times, but they didn't implement it conveniently.
Tony