If you could design a music product ..

Jay Vaughan seclorum at mac.com
Tue Jan 7 13:19:10 CET 2014

> great to hear this jay :)

I would’ve thought you’d be bored by my startup plans by now, having been bored to tears by it while you were in Vienna .. ;)

But yes, its really great to have some muscle behind me now.  Presuming all goes well with the $$-making clients in the next few months, we’ll be able to put some real resources into development now.

> what i do see is an extreme diversity of instruments emerging to suit an extreme
> diversity of musical form, and if there is any weakness in existing companies, it
> is systemic, and arises from the fundamental tension between the economies of scale
> and the banality of any mass-manufactured article, and the intricacies and fascinations
> of unique creations, which characterise the underlying mode of all interesting musical
> instruments, imo.

I’m seeing Pandora’s Box on one side of this puzzle, and … ? … on the other side?  We shall endeavour to answer the question.

j.