New Monitor - LG Widescreen 34UM95-P ?

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 16:50:09 CET 2014

> On Dec 19, 2014, at 6:32 AM, foRUMS 4 punkdISCO <forums at punkdisco.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Hey Peter
>
>> Possibly because the human doesn't have enough resolution.
>
> But vertical resolution of 1040 is very visible!!  It results in very limited number or rows of data (lines in Word / Outlook / tracks in your sequencer).  1040 is like going back to the 1980s..

I would not go that far hah 1920x1080 is the most common res now a days.

>> But doesn't the specification say it's 3440x1440 pixels? Pretty cool to watch films.

Well any film you are going to watch is going to be 1920x1080 though, so I wonder if they have a built in solution for this.

> Yeah, this 34inch monitor is 3440x1440.  My point was: I only wanted a 29inch monitor but, they all come with only 1040 vertical pixels.  So, Ive had to go for the 34inch version just to get the vertical resolution.

Yea, you wouldn't want the 29." If you were to buy a 16:9 monitor you would get around 29" right? So an ultrawide would be weird at that size, because the vertical is getting smaller. You want to add width, not take away from height so much to get it. This is also why the res is less on it.