Wot is yor DAW?

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Mon Dec 15 20:00:41 CET 2014

Jay Vaughan schreef op 15-12-2014 12:52:

> Probably you just put an SSD in it and it’ll scream like a rocket again, though, right?  I mean, its phenomenal what an SSD can do to ‘slightly older hardware’, where possible.  I have a quad-core AMD 9550 system as my main Linux DAW, and putting an SSD in it is like a whole new plate of butter.

It made my Core i7 960 a whole new machine. Before, it had a 7200 RPM
main disc, and starting Windows 7 took several minutes. With Windows 8
and an SSD, between the end of the BIOS loading screen and the Windows
desktop being visible, it takes less than 10 seconds. (Could be a bit
more now, since I installed Windows 8.1.)

- Peter